The new rules for TMDs under the Design Distribution and Obligations (DDO) legislation comes into effect on 5 October 2021.
The FSC and its members have developed a series of TMD templates for free to FSC members and under a paid annual licensing arrangement to non-members.
The primary objectives of licensing are:
- to support broad-based adoption of the templates;
- to standardise compliance; and
- improve outcomes for advisers, investment platforms and issuers.
We are developing the following templates:
- document Funds management (including Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) and Listed Investment Companies (LICs)) - updated 8 April 2021
- document Superannuation platform/wrap
- document Superannuation choice product, non-wrap - updated 16 March 2021
- document Life insurance cover (retail) - updated 30 March 2021
- document Trauma insurance cover (retail)
- document TPD insurance cover (retail)
- document Income protection insurance cover (retail)
The FSC is also developing data standards and the latest drafts are available here.
FSC Full and Supporting members access to the templates
To download a copy, please sign in to your FSC account (members) and click on the appropriate template.
FSC Associate member access to the templates
Non-member access to the templates
Watch for updates
The templates may be updated over time and it is worth bookmarking the Resources page.
The FSC Deputy CEO, Blake Briggs shares more information on the Target Market Determinations (TMDs) here.